Friday 9 May 2014

Rhyming Style

I was having a look to see what sort of poem structure Dr Seuss used for his poems as i very much like the rhythmical rhyming lyrics that make his work so characterful and wish to use that for my film.

Looking into it I found Dr Seuss used the anapaest style. This style sounds like this, well at least when it is using Tetrameter.

The Assyrian came down like a wolf on the fold
And his cohorts were gleaming in purple and gold
And the sheen of their spears was like stars on the sea
When the blue wave rolls nightly on deep Galilee.

As you can see it has a nice rolling style to it, and i feel that will suit my production well. Hopefully I can write something really interesting using this style. It will be a challenge writing in such a way as i have never done any official poetry, and have only rhymed on a casual basis. I also wonder how well this sort of rhyming will work for a back and forth conversation as there will be between my main character and the main pineapple hat wearer with whom he speaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment